Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple bowl.
I now have a major crush with pineapple bowl.
Pineapple bowl is when you get to scoop out all the the pineapple flesh and use the pineapple crust as a plate for other dishes”. Its a fancy way to get creative and the food tastes delicious, looks tropical and adds color to your meal.
Now …..who wouldn’t want that??
Making “Teriyaki chicken pineapple bowl”.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins = 30 mins
Serves -3 pax.
- 1/2 a pineapple
- 2 pieces of boneless chicken
- 2 small red onions
- 1 cup of un- cooked rice
- Sunflower oil
- 1/4 tsp of chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 3 Tsp of sugar
- 3 Tsp of dark soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Watermelon – cut into hearts.
- Prep the rice: Boil 2 cups of water “equivalent to 1 cup” + 1/2 tsp of salt + 1 Tsp of sunflower oil mix – cover let it boil. Once the water boils, add in the cup of rice – let it cook. Prep the Onions + chicken + pineapple. Thinly dice the onions -set aside. Cut out the pineapple flesh – store it in a container and store in the fridge for future use. Set the pineapple crust aside. Dice the boneless chicken – set aside.
2. Cooking the chicken: In a sufuria /sauce pan, add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil, when hot, add in the diced onions, saute till translucent. Add in the chicken, cook for about 10 mins till all the water evaporates. Season with salt cover for 2 more mins.
3. Check on the rice, once cooked, cover and set it aside. Prep the “teriyaki sauce”: In a small dish, add soy sauce + all the spices including the sugar + 1/4 cup of water. Mix everything until all the sugar slightly dissolves. Add the teriyaki sauce to the chicken – combine. Let it simmer for 5 mins. Add sesame seeds mix and turn off the heat.
4. Serve the rice and the chicken onto the pineapple crust and garnish to your preference.
Final outcome. Bon appetite!!