Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
Happy New Month of July.
I get it, it has been a long minute since I last posted. I’ve been up and about polishing up on some time-sensitive projects that I am so excited about -Uhhhh- child!! don’t even get me started. On the other hand, my baking business is picking up quite good. Part of the people who made this happen, is the close support system – friends and family, then it grew to referrals – the margins grew by 40%, then now three hotels including the Hotel I work with as a full-time job” have supported a sister, and now bigger doors are opening in the corporate world. Isn’t that something beautiful to be thankful for?? All this baking is done at home – a comfortable environment for me to polish on the finer details and sooner rather than later, I will just need a qualified task force and an actual bakery if not a special station.
I wouldn’t say it’s been easy, but more of a rollercoaster. Marketing – verbally, online and promotions have really brought the best out of this project and so far the target market I projected have grown so rapidly. The packaging too has attracted quite a number of clients – I mean its just a satisfactory feeling to get awesome and outstanding feedback from you guys, and that is what helps me get up every morning. This has been said so many times, nothing comes easy. We’ve all got to polish on our hobbies, you might never know what doors it opens for you.
Thank you for all the support.
Acres and Acres of love.
Back to what brought you here. If you’ve just stumbled upon my blog for the first time – Welcome #CookingWithTastieDine.
This cold Nairobi weather calls “Scratch that” screams for lots and lots of hot food and fluids, and if possible to be taken every 30 mins. I’m not a fan of this weather at all, but when the weather gives you a piece of its mind, you calm your mind. “I just made that up”. This brings us to the world of soup.
Think of a bowl of hot soup – a sweet, warm and edible hug. Your palate gets tickled in all the right corners, its soothes you- whether you’re in a relationship or not 😉 – warm hugs from within and the best part it’s edible. Isn’t that an epic touch down?!!
Making ” Creamy roasted tomato soup”
Prep time: 10 mins Roast/bake time: 25 mins Simmer: 25 mins
Total time: Approx -1 hour
- 10 Tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic – peeled
- 2 small red onions – roughly chopped
- 2 bunches of parsely – roughly chopped
- soy sauce
- vegetable cooking oil
- ginger powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne chili powder
- black pepper
Important tools required:
- Immersed blender
- Measuring cup
- Large saucepan /Sufuria
- Preheat the oven to 220° Celsius. Dice the washed tomatoes into halves then quarters and place them in a large baking tray. Add in the cloves of garlic + onions + parsley. Drizzle about 4 Tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil, and sprinkle salt. Roast in the oven for 25 min.
2. Once roasted for 25 mins, they should be sweated out, soft and soggy, as shown below. Place everything into a sauce pan /Sufuria + 2 cups of water or broth/meat Stock. Add in the spices + soy sauce, mix everything then bring it to a simmer for about 25 mins on low heat.
3. Once simmered, switch off heat. Using an immersed blender, blend everything till smooth. OPTIONAL PART – You can decide to strain it to get a finer smooth silk texture of the tomato soup or you can stick to not straining it. On medium low heat, rewarm the soup and serve while still hot.
Soup is best served with a sliced baguette, grilled cheese, croutons or simple waffles like how I served mine. Garnishing is very important. I decided to settle with parsley leaves and dollops of plain yogurt.
Don’t forget to subscribe for more updates.
Do follow me on my other social media platforms.