Everyone has eggs for breakfast if not everyday at-least twice a week, unless you are allergic. It can be prepared in so many ways: Scramble, omelette, and boiled. It is used as a coating ingredient to so many dishes out there, but I recently discovered that it can also be used as a stuffed dish, an appetizer.
Most appetizers are small amounts/portions of food or drinks that are served before or at the beginning of a meal to stimulate the desire to eat.
I call them “snacks attacks“.
Total time: 15 mins
Yield /Serves – 2 pax
How to prepare: “Stuffed deviled eggs“
– Red and Black Pepper
-Paprika to taste
– 1/2 a Lemon
- High heat a pot of water with 4 eggs seasoned with salt for 10 mins. When ready, cool the eggs with cold water, remove shells and place aside.
- Slice the eggs into halves, remove the yolks and place in a different dish.
- Make the hummus. ie mix the Avocado in the same bowl as the yolks. Add in salt, red /black pepper, squeeze in the lemon juice and grate some cheddar cheese. Thoroughly mash and mix using a folk or masher.
- When slightly smooth, scoop the mixer using a spoon and stuff it in the whites of the egg.
- Sprinkle Paprika for flavor then serve.
You can either decide to have it as simple as mine, or Have bacon/salami or even with Nuts on it. I would highly recommend you make it playful and quite presentable /tasty.
Best light snack you could possibly enjoy.
Love and Love.