Chocolate chip waffles are perfect for a super-indulgent breakfast, for holiday celebrations, from Mother’s Day to Christmas morning. These chocolate chip waffles are even better topped with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream, that’s if your have a sweet tooth.
The recipe comes together really quickly so if you are making these for a large crowd, there will be nothing to put for later.
Here is how I make mine:
“Chocolate chip waffles.”
Prep – 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 25 mins
Yields/served =3 pax
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- a pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 hand full of chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Waffle Iron
- Whisk the dry ingredients together flour, salt, and sugar. Then mix the wet ingredients – eggs + milk + vanilla extract.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir together until the consistency / batter is smooth and favorably thick. Add in the chocolate chips then combine.
Pre -Heat the waffle iron -when to know the iron is hot enough, “when the button turns green” then leave it for another 1 min.
3. Pour batter into waffle iron and let it cook.
FYI: How to know if when the waffles are ready.
Once you shut the waffle iron, lots of steam will get off. When the steam starts to reduce and you smell the waffles cooking, give it 2 mins before you finally open the waffle iron, and set the waffles a side to make more. That’s how you know the waffles are well cooked.
4. Serve immediately with your favorite syrup, ice-cream, whipping cream or fruit toppings.
I decided to add ‘nutty crunch oats” to my waffles and nothing could beat that since the oats add in a semi- savory and sweet flavor to it.
Love and Love.