This recipe calls for an incredibly rich, fudgy, moist and decadent chocolate banana bread. Each bite literary melts in your mouth. It’s out of this world just enough to sooth your sweet palate. If you’d like to make a much healthier version of a banana bread, find the recipe here.
Tips to note while making this fudgy bread recipe:
- Try getting the best cooking chocolate and cocoa powder, since the chocolate is one of the main ingredients.
- This recipe called for a fudgy bread, so it will not rise much in the oven and that’s okay. Don’t panic!
- While Prep heating the oven should be 10 degrees higher than the actual baking temperature and should be preheated for 15 mins before the actual baking time.
- Only bake for 50 mins, not 1 min more.
- Once baked, don’t try removing the bread from the pan until 20 mins are over, then remove it gently from the pan and peel off the parchment paper – cool it once more for 10 mins before slicing it.
- The bananas used must be brown on the skin, very ripe and easy to mash.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Prep time: 15 mins Bake time: 50 mins Cooling time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
Yields: 1 bread
- 1-1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup plain flour / All-purpose
- 1/2 cup of dark alkaline unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable cooking oil ( DONT USE OLIVE OIL}
- 1/4 cup softened margarine
- 3/4 cup dark semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
Important tools used:
- an oven
- Stand mixer + paddle attachment
- rubber spatula
- mixing bowls
- loaf pan
- parchment paper
- Wire rack
Step 1: Preheat the oven at 190C.
Step 2: Prep the loaf pan. Butter the loaf pan both the sides and the bottom. Place a larger piece of parchment paper that hangs off on the sides. Add more butter on the sides and bottom once again and set it aside.
Step 3: Prep the dry ingredients. In a bowl, mix together the flour+cocoa powder+salt+baking soda+baking powder = set that aside.
Step 3: Prep the wet ingredients. In a bowl of the stand mixer attached with a paddle attachment, add in the butter+vegetable oil+sugar = Cream them together for 3 mins as you scrap the sides. Add in the egg and mix again for 1 min until all combined.
Step 4: Prep the bananas. Peel the bananas, cut them into halves and mash them in a bowl using a fork or a masher.
Step 5: Mix the bananas + dry ingredients into the buttery sugar mixture using the stand mixer until the flour is all combined. Don’t be tempted to over mix- to avoid a dense cake.
Step 6: Add in the dark semi sweet chocolate. Mix for 30 secs.
Step 7: Pour the chocolate banana batter into the prepped loaf pan. Level it up, and tap the tin on the counter top at least 3 times, to avoid any air bubbles.
Step 8: Garnish the batter with milk chocolate chips.
Step 9: Reduce the heat to 180C and bake it for 50 mins
Step 10: Cool it on a wire rack for 30 mins
Step 11: Slice and enjoy!!