Y’all know by now what time it is. All Friday’s both you and I get to experience different recipe drink articles with the help of a video and with the on and off freaking super cold weather we have been experiencing here in Nairobi, Kenya, I mean the best way to get cosy by the couch after either a long day at work or for some of us, home bakers, after a long hours of baking all we need is a very hot cup of your favorite drink to warm you up as we all keep up with Netflix. This right here is the perfect way to end crazy day, don’t y’all think?
Let’s take it up a notch with the Italian Bicerin coffee.
Bicerin pronounced “BITSEˈRIN”. Its a traditional hot drink native to Turin, Italy, made of espresso, drinking chocolate, and whole milk served layered in a small rounded glass.
It’s so delicious. You can taste the bitterness of the concentrated “Mac-coffee”, but then it gets toned down with the touch of sweetness from the cream + chocolate shaving and the hot drinking chocolate mix”. Its such a flavorful combination and I bet you are going to love it.
- Have everything ready, so its’ just a matter of assembling.
- For the coffee part – Either use “Mac- coffee” like me, Strongly brewed coffee, or Strong instant coffee.
- For the cream – Either use ” Heavy cream or whipping cream. I’m using whipping cream without ( whipping it). NB: The only difference between these two is the % of the milk fat.
- For the hot chocolate – In a saucepan, simmering 1/2 cup of whole milk + 2 Tablespoons of dark un-sweetened cocoa powder mixed together.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Prep time: 5 mins
Serves: 1 pax
- 100 ml of hot chocolate
- 30 ml of hot Mac- Coffee
- 50 ml of whip cream ( don’t whip it}
- chocolate shavings
Important tools needed:
- A wine glass / a clear Whiskey glass
- A spoon
- Measuring cups
- Fine sieve
Step 1: Making the layers – By first adding the hot chocolate mix into the bottom of the glass. Next is the coffee mix – Take your spoon and place it in the glass nearly touching the sides of the glass, then gently pour in the coffee mix – (just as shown in the video). Next, place a fine sieve on top of the glass and pour the cream through it – allow the video to guide you.
Step 2: Garnish and serve – using the chocolate shavings and serve.