Go Italian or Go home.
What would I do without the internet or food network?
This blog contains dishes and recipes that are easy to prepare in less than 1 hr 45min, that is for the longest preparation ever showcased in this blog. Yesterday, I was craving spaghetti with some kind of meat, but I dint necessarily want meat balls. I needed something light and not too soggy.
I happen to stumble upon “Spaghetti Carbonara“. Its an Italian dish from Rome, that comprises of Bacon, Parmesan cheese, eggs and black pepper. I decided to make it my own, by changing some of the ingredients.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20mins
Yield /Serves : 3 pax
How to prepare:
My version of “Spaghetti Carbonara“.
– Hot dogs
-2 Large eggs
– 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
– black pepper
– vegetable oil
- Boil water, add 2 pinches of salt and 2 table spoons of vegetable oil in a pot at high heat. Get a hand-full of spaghetti sticks, break them into 3 portions and add them into the water. Let it boil for 8 mins.
- Chop up 10 slices of salami and 5 hot dogs and place in separate bowls. Grate the 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese then place aside. Break 2 eggs on a different container.
- Check on the spaghetti , when ready- pour out the water, cool it cold water – drain in out leave it to sit.
- Mix the eggs and the cheese together. Medium heat the frying pan with 2 table spoons of vegetable oil. Fry the salami first till golden brown and crisp.
- Add in the hot dogs to the salami fry mix then together for 2 mins. When golden brown, pour in the mixture of eggs and cheese and stir for about 3 mins.
- When ready, mix it with the spaghetti, then Serve while still hot.
Love and Love.