This dish is a match made in food heaven.
I have been meaning to try a seven day new diet which includes veges, nuts and fruits. This means I have to stay far away from any cabs “Carbohydrates” after 3 pm every day but, …”this is going to be the hardest thing that I will ever have to do. Inserts – Usher Raymond’s’ voice.” Changing your diet aint no joke, but I have decided to try out new salad recipes, if not completely doing away with the cabs, but close thing I’ve got to do is reduce the quantity intake of cabs.
Don’t you think that’s a much reasonable step to take??
This salad is wonderful, but the dressing is beyond amazing, you will tend to place the dressing in all your different salads.
Making “Pasta Salad with Avocado dressing”
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins
Serves -3 pax.
For the salad:
- boiled pasta /spaghetti
- 200 g of bacon – cut into pieces
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Food processor
- Cut the washed cherry tomatoes into halves. In a non-sticking pan on medium heat, place two tablespoons of vegetable oil and add in the tomatoes, season them, then “barely” saute for 1 min.
NB: You just need to warm the cherry tomatoes us and not fully saute them”.
2. Remove them with it juices and set aside in a bowl.
3. Using the same pan, “Don’t wipe it”, add in the bacon and fry for 4 -7 mins till brown and crisp. Turn off heat and set it aside.
4. Into the food processor, put in the avocados, squeeze in the juice of a lemon, season and Press “Pulse”. Till the consistency gets all smooth, thick and the seasoning is on point.
“Remember – the Avocados are thirsty for something citrus – salt and lemon juice is a great combination.”
5. In a large bowl, place the pasta, tomatoes and bacon together. Mix them up, then add in the avocado dressing and combine well.
Serve Immediately or you can decide to let it chill for 15 mins.
Final outcome. -garnished with chili flakes.
I love the taste of a “barely saute cherry tomatoes, since they add a sweet flavor to the pasta. It magical in my mouth.
I had this dish for last night’s dinner and breakfast today morning.
Love and Love.