The perfect warm or hot drink for entertainment. Talk about a “smooth criminal”. Its chocolaty, delightfully delicious, comforting and I’ll definitely put it on repeat. Move over starbucks, there is new “D.R.I.N.K” in town. Its so easy to whip up with only a few ingredients to combine and you are done.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Prep time: 5 min
Yields: 1 tall glass
Serves: 1 pax
- 500 ml of daima whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nature’s Own ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of Nature’s Own ground cinnamon – garnish
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of chopped dairy land baking white chocolate
- 1/4 cup of pristine whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nescafe instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
Important tools used:
- Heat – stove
- Sauce pan / Sufuria
- Large wire whisk
- Tall glass
- Tall plastic cup
- Electric hand whisk
- Cute straws – for props – OPTIONAL
- Heart shaped edible sprinkles – garnish – OPTIONAL
- Piping bag
- Star shaped nozzle – Large – OPTIONAL
Step 1: Prep the milk mix – Over medium heat, place a saucepan on the stove, add in the milk and bring it to as gentle simmer until a skin forms on top. Add in the ground cinnamon + vanilla essence + white baking chocolate. Constantly whisk the mixture to combine using a wire whisk just until you feel all the chocolate is melted. Stop and leave it come to a boil. Turn off heat, and set it a side.
Step 2: Prepping the whipping cream – Add the whipping cream to a slightly tall plastic cup like the one used in the video above. Whisk until the mixture is thick and clumps to the bubble whisk and the consistency is thick. Add the mixture into a pipping bag fitted with the star shaped nozzle tip. Set it a side.
Step 3: Prep the coffee mix – In a small container, add the Nescafe instant coffee granules + hot water and mix the two together. You’ll need a strong coffee mixture.
Step 4: Assembling time and serve: Using a tall glass, at the bottom start with the strong hot coffee mix pour it into the glass + add in the hot milk mix + garnish with the whipping cream. Garnish it with ground cinnamon and edible heart shaped sprinkles.